Search this blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mobile Trader Shot Dead

Malda, November 9, 2012: A trader of mobile phones was shot dead allegedly by some miscreants following a long standing land dispute. Excitement gripped Raipara cillage under Baishnabnagar police station after the incident took place around 10 pm last night. Three persons have been arrested so far in connection with the killing.

It has been learnt that Sribatsya Roy (37) was returning home after closing his shop at Baishnabnagar market around 9.30 pm last night. Suddenly a group of five or six miscreants encircled him while one of them shot at him from a close distance. Roy immediately fell on the ground bleeding heavily.

Meanwhile the sound of firing as well as the scream of the injured trader brought his rfamily members and neighbours from his locality only 300 metre away from the spot of occurrence.

As a large number of people reached the spot, the miscreants reportedly scampered away sensing adversities.

The profusely bleeding Roy was rushed to Dariapur primary health centre. But soon he was referred to Malda Medical College and Hospital (MMCH) as the doctors said that his condition was fast deteriorating.

However, while being taken to MMCH, Roy succumbed to his bullet injury. The doctors on duty at MMCH emergency declared him brought dead.

The cousin brother of the deceased trader Bikash Roy alleged, “Srtbasya had a decade long tiff with Goutam Roy and his associates over the ownership of a two cottah of land. Goutam threatened Sribatsya with dire consequences three months back which the latter did not take up seriously.”

“Last night when we rushed to the spot hearing the scream of the brother, we found him heavily bleeding from bullet injury. On being taken to MMCH, he died,” Roy added.

The deceased trader is survived by his wife Tapashi and nine year old daughter Shriparna. Weeping Tapashi said that her husband’s death ruined them as he was the only bread earner for the family.

SP, Malda Jayanta Pal said, “Complaint was lodged against five persons. Three persons were detained for interrogation. Police have already lodged a case of murder and initiated a probe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment