Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Seven Persons Electrocuted
Malda, November 12, 2012: Seven persons including women and children were electrocuted when a high tension electric wire fell on a motorized van. Three of them including a child were serious and were taken to hospital. The incident took place at Shalmari village of Gojot area in Bihar today.
It has been learnt that seven members of a poor daily wage earnerfamily of village Pema of Mahendrapur area under Boroi gram panchayet in Harishchandrapur were going this morning to Shalmari of Amdabad in Bihar. They hired a motorized van for traveling this 20 km odd distance. However, on way at Jogiballavpur, a high tension electric wire fell on the van. All of them were electrocuted at once. Locals rushed to rescue them and all were taken to local Kushida hospital. But doctors there referred them to Chanchal Sub Divisional hospital.
But as the condition deteriorated, three of them including one child and two women were referred to Malda Medical College and Hospital (MMCH). Suktara Biwi (28), Amela Biwi (62) and Minsar Ali (4) are still under treatment and not out of danger as learnt. It was learnt that they were later referred to Kokata.