Search this blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

Minister caught in controversy as primary teacher roughed up for Facebook post

Malda, 11 February, 2015: For reportedly being tagged in a news  on Facebook concerning two ministers Krishnendu Choudhury and Goutam Deb  a primary school teacher and a member of Trinamul Congress siksha cell (TMCSC) Kajal Goswami was severely beaten up allegedly by supporters of food processing and horticulture minister Krishnendu Choudhury at Malda town station on Tuesday night.

Mr Choudhury, who is also the chairman of English Bazaar municipality (EBM), refuted the allegation and claimed he had no connection to the alleged assault of the teacher.

Mr Goswami today told the media that he did not yet lodge any police complaint and changed his shelter five times overnight out of fear of being attacked again. The teacher of Uttar Ramchandrapur primary school is an inhabitant of Kalitala area in English Bazaar police station, the home-ground of the minister.

The injured teacher said, “I went to Malda town station last night to see off district Trinamul president Dr Moazzem Hossain. Kisan Da (minister Mr Choudhury) was to travel to Kolkata by the same train. Suddenly I was summoned by the supporters of the minister and I complied. To my dismay the minister asked me why I posted a news on Facebook against him. He warned me too against 'surpassing my limit.' In moments his supporters jumped on me and started beating severely.”
 
The teacher speaking to media on Wednesday (Photo: VoM)


He claimed that later he was rushed to Malda railway hospital for treatment. “Since then I have been receiving several threat-calls warning me that lodging a police complaint would cost me too dear,” Mr Goswami said.

It may be mentioned that the news was published in a vernacular daily in Kolkata stating that according to enforcement directorate sources ministers Goutam Deb and Krishnendu Choudhury may be summoned for allegedly helping the Saradha chit fund group in procuring huge amount of land in North Bengal.

Mr Goswami claimed that he did not post the news in social media but was tagged by his friend. “The incident was like medieval barbarism. I still respect Mr Choudhury. He may have been instigated by someone to behave like that. I have informed Dr Hossain the incident in details. If necessary, I would knock the door of the chief minister as well.”

His wife Chandrani said, “We are feeling too helpless. We may be driven away out of the district.”

SP Prasun Banerjee said, “Police did not receive any written complaint. Hence, I would not comment on the matter.”

Dr Hossain said, “I have heard that one of our party workers was attacked last night. Unfortunately a minister’s name is among the accused. I have spoken to SP in the regard and would appraise the state leadership too.”

Mr Choudhury however blamed the teacher. “There were several serious allegations against him. He allegedly extorted money from many youths falsely promising them jobs in primary school. He cheated people before too by opening an NGO. He was only warned for defaming me and the party but was not beaten at all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment