Search this blog

Monday, February 9, 2015

Top cop of Bhaluka outpost slapped with slippers for throwing 'lewd comment' at a housewife

Malda, 7 February, 2015: Officer-in-charge of Bhaluka police outpost in Harischandrapur police Station Sanat Biswas was slapped with slippers by one Sabita Paswan (32) who alleged that the police officer threw lewd comments at her. She was joined by her husband and some villagers in roughing up the police officer Biswas. The incident occurred today around 2 pm approximately 80 km from here.

Mrs Paswan said that on 2 February she had lodged a police complaint against her neighbour Akalu Das and his son Ganesh Das for allegedly dumping garbage in front of her house. Today she went to Bhaluka police outpost again to get a photocopy of her complaint.

“As the OC first asked me whereabouts of my husband, I told him that my husband works as a migrated labourer and I live at the village for the studies of our wards. It was then the OC hinted that I do not live with my husband owing to my illicit affair with a local man. I was numb again when the police officer asked me to be with him instead of my ‘imaginary’ lover,” the housewife said.


Irked by the allegedly indecent remark, the woman informed the matter to her husband and others waiting outside the police outpost. Infuriated at the alleged humiliation they rushed into the police outpost and the enraged woman started roughing up the OC in presence of her husband and neighbours.

Other cops rescued the top cop of the outpost from the fury of the housewife. The accused OC could not be contacted for comment.

SP Prasun Banerjee preferred not to speak on phone on the entire episode. But police sources informed that a thorough report on the incident was asked from the sub divisional police officer (SDPO) Chanchal Koustavdeep Acharya by SP, Malda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment